Sonos and Bose, both are pretty much alike in what they offer and cost. However, they still differ in so many things. If you’re thinking about “What is the main difference between them?”. Here’s the answer. When it comes to Sonos Play 1 vs Bose Soundlink, the major difference they have is Bluetooth connectivity. Bose lets you stream through WIFI, Airplay as well as Bluetooth. While Sonos lets you connect over WIFI or Airplay only.
|Bose Soundlink Mini|
|Sonos Play 1|
Let’s see how well these two speakers perform and what differences do they have.
Sonos Play 1 VS Bose Soundlink Mini
Sonos Play 1 speaker is basically designed for small rooms. It is a fantastically designed wireless speaker and is exceptionally great for its price. In addition to supporting most key services (such as Spotify, Pandora, Rdio), it provides super-reliable wireless streaming.
Sonos Play 1 is for sure the most compact speaker from Sonos, perfect for placement on shelves, counters, or anywhere with a confined space.
With the Sonos Play 1, you can experience the Sonos experience at the lowest price. The affordability of the product has not forced any major compromises. You still get to enjoy all the features of Sonos with rock-solid stability as well as Spotify, Pandora, Rdio, Amazon Cloud Player, and SiriusXM.
With a very sleek and compact design, Bose SoundLink Mini is a very good-sounding Bluetooth speaker. With an aluminum body enclosure and a charging cradle that you can keep plugged in, this device has a superb build quality.
Almost any smart device, or even a PC or audio player with Bluetooth capability, can stream audio wirelessly. You will only need to sync each device once since the speaker can synchronize up to six devices at once. Once you’ve turned on the speaker and are within range of the device, it will automatically pair once again. You must have Bluetooth enabled on the device.
Sonos Play 1: The speaker is perfect for small rooms. Nevertheless, it makes sense considering its size.
It has a decent amount of bass despite its size and doesn’t distort even at full volume. Hence, the overall sound quality is great. And if combined with another Play:1, this is a true stereo experience.
Bose Soundlink Mini: It’s reasonable to expect that it wouldn’t have the same quality of a speaker twice its size. It comes in a mini size for a reason. Even though it is a small speaker, it does compete with some other popular brands as it delivers a clear sound quality along with strong bass.
Sonos Play 1
- The PLAY:1 is very powerful, with two built-in Class-D amplifiers and a custom driver system that has been incredibly engineered for the speaker’s unique acoustics.
- Using the Sonos Controller app, you can control the speaker.
- Sonos speakers can be expanded by connecting to other Sonos speakers.
- With TruePlay Speaker Tuning, your PLAY:1’s sound will be optimized in any room, regardless of where it is placed.
- Sonos play 1 also resists humidity. You can listen to your favorite songs even in places that lack music such as the bathrooms and outside.
Bose Soundlink Mini
- The palm-sized Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth speakers deliver deep, rich sound for a tiny speaker.
- Control buttons are clearly labeled on the speaker’s top, making it easy to use.
- In addition to streaming wirelessly to a smartphone or tablet, the Bose SoundLink Mini can also be used with any PC or audio player that is Bluetooth-enabled.
- There is a limit of 6 devices that can be remembered by the speaker. Once it is within range, it automatically pairs with your device.
- Also, The Bose sound system is ultra-compact and wireless so you can take it anywhere.
Sonos Play 1 VS Bose Soundlink Mini – Comparison
|Sonos Play 1||Bose Soundlink Mini|
|Dimensions||4.69 x 6.36 x 4.69 inches||7.1 x 2 x 2.3 inches|
|Weight||4.08 lbs.||1.5 lbs.|
|Color||Black and White||Black|
|Connectivity via Bluetooth||No||Yes|
This holiday season, if you’re looking for an audio system with superior sound quality and you’re willing to spend for a premium, then Sonos and Bose might be the best picks for you. We have put before you all the important things you need to know about them, the rest remains on you to decide which one would you prefer.