Sometimes you want your music to play smoothly to the beat of the background. Another time you’re in the mood to turn it up with the loud noise. In both cases, the control pod gives you the full volume control effortlessly at hand. You can also turn it on and off with the push of a button. And if you want to listen privately, just plug your headphones into the built-in jack and you’re done.
All the above discussion means that you are in the right place, where you can read about the Logitech Z313 review of the Speaker system.
So we are here to say that, Speaker System Logitech Z313 features a convenient control pod, compact subwoofer, room-filling sound, and easy setup. The control pod makes it easy to control volume and headphone controls. You can fill your room with a big, balanced sound of 25 watts. The compact subwoofer fits into tight spaces and delivers deeper bass. Enjoy the sound of your gaming just connect with your gaming laptop.
The Logitech Z313 is a budget-friendly 2.1 speaker system that includes two satellite speakers and one subwoofer. Any audio source with a 3.5mm jack can be connected to it and compatible with all the most widely-used operating systems (Windows, Android, Mac, and Linux). Thus, it can be connected to your computer, TV, smartphone, tablet, MP3 player, etc.
Logitech Z313 Speaker is a 2 desk speaker and subwoofer bundle that recently went down in price from $40 to just $30 dollars on Amazon, if you don’t want to spend a lot of money but want bang for your buck and pretty great sound considering the price, you’ve come to the right place.
With all audio in the sub $100 dollar range, what you pay really tends to be what you get, so is this set any good, or did Logitech blow the whole budget on the construction? We’ll find out on today’s review!
Logitech Z313 – Overview
Say goodbye to tinny computer speakers and dull sound system. With the Logitech Speaker System Z313, it’s easy to have the big listening experience you’ve been missing. The convenient control pod puts volume control at your fingertips.
25 watts (RMS) of power fills your room with dynamically rich and balanced music. The compact subwoofer fits in tight spaces, like under your desk, producing deep bass you can feel. And setup is a snap. Just connect the system to your computer and you’re done.
Your computer isn’t just a computer. It’s also your music, movie, and gaming center. But when you want the full sound experience, built-in computer speakers just don’t cut it. That’s where the Logitech Speaker System Z313 comes in.
- Brand: Logitech
- Processor Brand: Intel
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Speaker System Type: PC multimedia speaker system
- Speaker System Configuration: 2.1-channel system
- Satellite Dimensions: 5.7 x 3.5 x 3.2 inches
- Subwoofer Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 8.66 inches
- Weight (Satellites): 1 pound total
- Weight (Subwoofer) 5 pounds
- Power (RMS/Peak): 25/50 watts
- Frequency Response Range: 48 Hz – 20 kHz
- System Requirements: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.3.9 and onward, PC sound card and 3.5 mm audio output jack
- Warranty: 2-year limited warranty
- Great Sound Quality: Despite its budget price, the Logitech Z313 speaker system with 50W of power (25W RMS) is able to fill even a large room with a well-balanced, full-range sound.
- Frequency: The speaker system also boasts a decent frequency response from 48 Hz to 20 kHz. The 15W subwoofer delivers deep and tight bass, without being too boomy.
- Low Distortion Level: Being equipped with full-range 2-inch metal Logitech Z313 driver with a rubber surround, each satellite speaker ensures sound reproduction with a low distortion level.
- Deeper Bass Production: The Z313 also uses an active crossover. They are normally used in more expensive stereo systems due to their ability to ensure a more dynamic sound with less distortion. This results in better overall sound and deeper bass reproduction.
- Control Pod: The provided tiny control pod that is connected to the subwoofer gives you easy and quick access to the speaker system’s control. It contains a headphones jack, power on/off button, volume level control, and power LED indicator. But there are no bass and treble adjustment controls.
- Accessories: Except for the speaker system itself, the kit also includes all the necessary cables (power cable and color-coded audio cable).
- Easy Set-Up: The Logitech Z313 setup is extremely simple as this speaker system doesn’t have several rows of inputs. All you have to do is just plug satellites into the subwoofer, then connect it to your PC or any device via the 3.5mm input, plug-in power, and that’s all.
- Rich Sound: 50 Watts Peak/25 Watts RMS power delivers a full range of sound tuned for balanced acoustics. Enhanced bass is delivered by the compact subwoofer. Enjoy a rich audio experience straight
- Easy Controls: Easily access power, volume, and the headphone jack using the wired control pod.
The Logitech Z313 Speaker System is very sleek and modern-looking. Overall I think it will go well with a lot of different hardware and peripherals. The satellites have a very organic and simple shape to them, and the black and silver color scheme can be a great compliment to most setups.
- Satellite Material: Most of the material is matte while the relief port is a glossy plastic that seems to be more resistant to scratching.
- Rubber Band: Each satellite has four rubber feet to help keep them in place.
- Cabling: The cabling running to each satellite is permanently attached and they both combine into a single stereo 3.5mm jack that plugs into the back of the subwoofer. The cabling seems sturdy enough while also being quite flexible, which makes hiding cables on the desk much easier.
- Subwoofer: The Subwoofer is nice and compact, though it doesn’t really share the same organic style as the satellites. It’s very geometrical in design, a simple cube with a beveled edge on top. This isn’t really an issue in my opinion, as they still complement each other very well.
- Subwoofer Material: It’s made from a composite board and covered in a textured black material, while the relief port is made of glossy plastic once again.
- Control Pod: The control pod itself is pretty simple, and once again isn’t as organic as the satellites. The power button is easy to press and the green LED indicates when the system is on. The volume dial on the left side of the pod has quite the range, making it easy to fine-tune the volume.
The Z313 speaker system proved to provide decent audio quality considering the total system wattage and size. The overall sound quality is pleasing to listen to, and even though the satellite speakers are only 45mm in size they still have good separation and a really nice surrounding sound. They also have a wider range of frequency responses than I expected, putting out highs, mids, and even most of the lows.
The subwoofer is definitely a major component of this system even with that in mind. It provides a nice acoustic vibration to the area surrounding my desk, and when I’m not so close to the satellites it makes up for the little bit of bass they lack. Overall it gives the system a nice listening range, you don’t have to be close or far for it to sound good. I do wish they would’ve included a subwoofer adjustment so that you could increase or decrease its volume independently. I think it’s tuned just right, but some users might find it doesn’t have enough oomph for them.
As for volume, this system gives you quite a bit for 25w. I can safely say I have never felt the need to turn it much past halfway in normal use. When it comes to sound quality across the volume range, this system is OK, but it’s not great. It doesn’t provide much bass at or below 10% volume and provides a bit too much bass when above 70% volume. When turned all the way up there is a noticeable distortion in both the sub and satellites. The separation degrades after about 70% volume, but the surrounding effect still stays. It’s definitely better than a two-speaker stereo system, or even some of the other budget 2.1 systems, but it’s far from perfect. Overall I would say 60% of the volume spectrum is great, while the other 40% is just OK.
It sounds much better than I would expect for the money is what I’m saying.
For starters, the audio delivery of the satellites is spot-on. Seriously, it’s mind-blowing how good they sound, especially with their wattage and size in mind:
The separation and clarity are excellent throughout the range – which, by the way, goes from 48 Hz to 20 kHz – and so is the surrounding sound effect.
Even more so, the subwoofer’s low-end reproduction is surprisingly refreshing. There’s nothing overly “modulated” about it, and it pushes out bright, clean-sounding bass, even if you mostly listen to bass-heavy music.
And yes, they can reach room-filling volume levels. Still, I wouldn’t recommend pushing them over the 70-percent mark – not unless you’re ready to deal with distortions.
At “normal” volumes, though, the sound is crystal clear.
One complaint here is that, other than the volume dial on the control pod, you have no way to modify the bass. For example, the default settings are suitable for music, but watching a movie is a whole different story:
As small as it is, the subwoofer can overpower the sound system in action-packed movie scenes.
How to Hook a Logitech Z313 to a TV?
The Logitech Z313 is a 2.1 surround sound speaker system that includes two satellite speakers and a subwoofer. It also includes a control pod that allows you to regulate volume. Connecting your speaker system to your TV monitor may enhance sound output especially when watching movies. The speakers allow you to hear surround sound effects and create a theater-like feeling.
Using Headphone Jack
Step: 1. Plug the pin attached to the two satellite speakers into the speaker port on the back of your subwoofer.
Step: 2. Connect the power cable to an open electrical outlet.
Step: 3. Plug the pin connected to the control pod into an open headphone jack on your TV. Audio jack inputs may be located on the back or front of your TV or monitor depending on the model.
Step: 4. Press the “Power” button on the control pod to power on your subwoofer. The LED light comes on.
Step: 5. Turn on your TV and then move the volume control on the control pod to increase or decrease volume.
Using RCA Audio to 3.5mm Female Cable
Step: 1. Put the pin attached to the two satellite speakers into the speaker port on the subwoofer.
Step: 2. Place the power cable into an open electrical outlet.
Step: 3. Connect the red and white inputs on the “RCA audio to 3.5mm female” cable to the red and white audio inputs on your TV.
Step: 4. Plug the pin connected to the control pod into the 3.5mm port on the cable.
Step: 5. Press the “Power” button on the control pod to power on your subwoofer and then turn on your TV.
It was a bit difficult for me to go all critical and picky about this Logitech Z313 review. Do not get me wrong; this speaker system is far from perfect, and I’ve done my best to point out any potential downsides.
But to be honest, given the price we’ve talked about here, the Z313 packs quite a punch. The range would show signs of budget cuts, either in its build or in its performance, but not with these little Logitech speakers.
I think you would be hard-pressed to find a better pocket-sized deal when it comes to pc speakers.
However, if you want to know what else is out there, try your luck at the best computer speakers under $ 50.