Bluetooth speakers have grown in popularity over the past few years and there seems to be no sign of stopping. With such a competitive market and so many great options, it is very difficult for you to decide what speaker to buy?
The first step is to look at reputable, high–quality brands and JBL is in that category. JBL has a speaker for almost every price point, ranging from small and portable. They offer a line of quality wireless Bluetooth speakers of which their Charge and Flip models are among the most popular.
The latest models in those lines are Charge 4 and Flip 4.
No doubt, out of all the Bluetooth speakers on the market, JBL has the highest quality product currently. These speakers from the JBL are also a qualitative product that offers a great sound quality. The JBL Charge 4 is retailing for around a hundred and eighty dollars. This is the latest version speaker from the Charge series speakers from JBL.
On the other hand, the JBL Flip 4 is the updated version portable Bluetooth speaker of the Flip 3 from the JBL. This speaker is retailing for around eighty dollars currently on Amazon which is quite budget–friendly. You may guess like it may not be qualitative at this price point but this is really qualitative and worth buying at this price point.
The fantastic speaker for you may depend on your requirements. Many people today prioritize a long–lasting battery and reliability, while some might need a louder bass.
In the following guide, I’ll compare two of the most excellent speakers available on the marketplace: JBL Charge 4 and Flip 4. By minding each speaker’s pros and cons, you’ll have the ability to choose which is best, the JBL Charge 4 or even the Flip 4.
JBL Charge 4 VS Flip 4 – Introduction:
JBL Charge 4 – Introduction:
The JBL Charge 4 is an excellent option for those who want a waterproof, powerful–sounding portable Bluetooth speaker in a moderately sized frame.
JBL Charge 4 is a powerhouse. It can work as a power bank to control your phone as you shake out to music very loudly. The audio profile is not just well–balanced; however, if you listen outside or pumping clocks to get a celebration, it is more than passable.
JBL Charge 4 is hardy all-round. There’s a chunky rubber foot on the bottom and the front and back are covered with a rugged, water-resistant fabric.
JBL Flip 4 – Introduction:
The Flip 4 is a mighty performer given its tiny size, and is another solid option in the sub – Rs. 10,000 segment. The Flip 4 connects to two sources with Bluetooth at a time and plays out the amazing sound quality.
The JBL Flip 4 is a good Bluetooth speaker that never quite skirts with the realms of greatness. Its rough, tough design makes it perfect as a portable speaker to accompany all aspects of your life while its sound is solid without worrying about your home audio system.
The battery is impressively strong and the speaker is waterproof, which is excellent for pool parties.
JBL Charge 4 VS Flip 4 – Specifications:
JBL Charge 4 – Specifications:
- Battery Life: Up to 20 hours.
- Weight: 2.12 pounds.
- Size: 22 x 9.5 x 9.3cm.
- Maximum Output: 30 W.
- Color Options: 10.
- Water Resistance: IP x 7.
- Charge Time: 4 hours.
- JBL Connect: Connect +.
- Battery Size: 7800 mAh.
- Charging Cable: USB – C.
- Frequency Response: 65Hz – 20 KHz.
JBL Flip 4 – Specifications:
- Battery Life: Up to 12 hours.
- Weight: 1.14 pounds.
- Size: 6.8 x 1.8 x 7.0 cm.
- Maximum Output: 2 x 8 W.
- Color Options: 6.
- Water Resistance: IP x 7.
- Charge Time: 3.5 hours.
- JBL Connect: Connect +.
- Battery Size: 3000 mAh.
- Charging Cable: Micro USB.
- Frequency Response: 70Hz – 20 kHz.
JBL Charge 4 VS JBL Flip 4 – Features:
JBL Charge 4 – Features:
- Battery Life: Charge 4 can be used for up to 20 hours without having to be recharged. The charging time is higher than Flip 4 at 5.5 hours.
- USB Type – C Port: This speaker is charged by USB Type – C, so it will have a fast charge which is pretty good and then you get your usual manuals.
- Portable: Charge 4 only weighs around one pound heavier than Flip 4. This means that it is still very portable and can be carried around with you wherever you may go.
- Sleep Timer Feature: Charge 4also has a sleep timer feature whereby it shuts off the speaker after a preset time to conserve battery life.
- Waterproof: This speaker is also IPX7 waterproof, which means you can submerge this in 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes.
- LED Indicator: A handy white LED indicator on the front shows the battery level.
JBL Flip 4 – Features:
- Battery Life: Flip 4 offers up to 12 hours of battery life with every full charge. The charging time is 3.5 hours.
- Micro – USB Port: Flip 4 comes with a micro – USB port
- Portable: Flip 4 speaker weighs less and therefore can be considered more portable.
- Speakerphone Feature: The Flip 4has a speakerphone feature as well as direct access to Google Now or Siri via a button press.
- Party Boost: The speaker features a party boost where you can pair multiple JBL compatible speakers together for enhanced stereo effects or to amplify your music
- Waterproof: It’s also waterproof but this one won’t float, so have that in mind when you go dunking this at the pool.
JBL Charge 4 VS Flip 4 – Pros And Cons:
JBL Charge 4 – Pros And Cons:
JBL Flip 4 – Pros And Cons:
JBL Charge 4 VS Flip 4 – Similarities and Differences:
- Both have a similar, industrial rubber and fabric physical design.
- IPX7 certified and are also dustproof.
- Capable of wirelessly connecting to other JBL speakers via JBL Connect+ technology to amplify the sound.
- These two portable Bluetooth speakers have a 5mm input jack.
- Flip 4 is the smaller of the two.
- JBL Flip 4 has speakerphone functionality as opposed to the charge.
- Flip 4 can trigger a voice assistant whereas the Charge doesn’t.
- JBL Charge 4 is louder and has more accurate sound reproduction than Flip 4.
- JBL Charge 4 has a longer battery life than Flip 4.
- Charge 4 has a power bank function and it is not the case with Flip 4.
- JBL Charge 4 supports Bluetooth 4.2 while the Flip 4 supports Bluetooth 4.1.
- Charge 4 has a sleep timer that turns off the speaker automatically after a set amount of time. Flip 4 lacks this function.
To Sum Up:
The speaker that you choose will be down to your personal preferences and situation.
Flip 4 is smaller and therefore more portable than the Charge 4 speaker, but the latter offers a louder sound without the need for additional speakers. Both speakers in question offer excellent sound quality. Charge 4 is slightly better for bass-heavy music such as pop and hip hop, so you might prefer one or the other depending on your music taste.
The designs on both are innovative and come in a variety of colors, Charge 4 offering more choice for those of you who enjoy a bit of color in your lives. Flip 4 can be charged quicker than Charge 4, but the latter can last up to eight hours longer than the former speaker.
Overall, JBL does not disappoint with either the Flip 4 or the Charge 4 speakers, and both would make fine additions to the party.
In my opinion, if you prefer to buy a qualitative product and want better features then you should buy the JBL Charge 4 because it has better features than the Flip 4. But if you can’t afford that price range, then you can go for the JBL Flip 4 because it is also worth buying for the price and it has better features for its price range compared to some other speakers available in the market at this price point.
Frequently Asked Questions: