On a day at the beach, listening to your favorite tunes is the perfect way to blow off some steam. However, not all Bluetooth speakers are suited for sandy, potentially wet conditions, making finding a waterproof option imperative before heading to the shore.
Today’s waterproof speakers have become smarter, more durable, and more entertaining than ever. The product category’s top offerings will not only play your favorite tunes but also charge your mobile devices and even deliver access to your favorite virtual assistant.
Best of all, you can find a great option regardless of your budget. I have mentioned some of the best beach Bluetooth speakers out there in the market that will give you a great experience.
Our Top Picks
|UE ROLL 2 Volcano||Buy On Amazon|
|JBL Charge 3||Buy On Amazon|
|FUGOO Tough 2.0||Buy On Amazon|
|JBL Clip 2||Buy On Amazon|
1. UE ROLL 2 Volcano Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof)
The UE Roll 2 is a surprising Bluetooth speaker. It boasts a 50-foot wireless range, exceptional clarity around the mids and highs, and won’t malfunction after a little splash. It’s far from perfect but, if you need a waterproof speaker, the Roll 2 is the compact pool companion you’ve been waiting for.
- IPX7 Certified: The Roll 2 is IPX7 certified, meaning it can survive being submerged under one meter of water for half an hour before totally becoming obsolete.
- Price: The latest IPX7-rated speaker from the manufacturer offers improved sound from the original on top of a reduced price tag – the Roll 2 sells for just $99 (£80, about AU$100).
- Design: Roll 2 is IPX7 certified, meaning it can survive being submerged under one meter of water for half an hour before totally becoming obsolete.
- Stereo Sound: It can power the speaker on or off remotely, the equalizer can be adjusted and, if you have another UE speaker, you can pair the two together for stereo sound.
2. JBL Charge 3 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
JBL is one of the most popular audio companies among average consumers, but its products warrant renown. Whether you’re looking at JBL headphones or speakers, the company offers relatively affordable, high-value products with pretty good sound quality. Most all of its speakers are water-resistant, and many can even withstand a dip in the pool. The JBL Charge 3 is yet another water-resistant Bluetooth speaker to join the party.
- IPX7 Waterproof: This model is IPX7 waterproof, meaning that you can submerge it completely in water.
- Design: It’s cylindrical and also has exposed bass radiators on either end which definitely helps push out some sound.
- Fabric: Not only does the fabric protect the speaker, but it also gives you a way to get a good grip on it.
- Five Indicator Lights: On the bottom of the speaker, there is a small stand built into the design of the speaker with five small indicator lights on it that let you know how much battery is left.
3. FUGOO Tough 2.0 – Portable Bluetooth Speaker
The Fugoo Sport 2.0 makes minor improvements to a solid, affordable wireless speaker. The Fugoo Sport 2.0 makes minor improvements to a solid, affordable wireless speaker
FUGOO 2.0 speakers bring everything that people loved about our originals & more. It brings more decibels, less weight, better audio quality, new pairing capabilities, enhanced customer support –– it’s all built-in. So now, no matter how big the adventure, FUGOO 2.0 is the speaker you can trust to bring the noise with you.
- Flavors: The Fugoo 2.0 speakers come in three flavors: Sport, Style, and Tough.
- Waterproof/Dustproof: This IP67 speaker is snow-proof, dust-proof, sand-proof, mud-proof, shockproof, waterproof (basically everything-proof!), and ready for any adventure.
- Size: As the extra-large counterpart to the Fugoo Tough, the Tough XL is also going to be significantly larger as well, measuring 13.8 x 4.4 x 4.7 inches in size.
- Wireless Connectivity: The Fugoo Tough XL features Bluetooth version 4.0 which provides wireless connectivity for up to 33 feet.
4. JBL Clip 2 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
This is the updated version of the Clip+ which was on a ton of best speakers under $50 lists, including ours. The Clip 2 has a new design, new build materials, and is also $10 more expensive.
If it’s a tiny wireless speaker you’re after, the JBL Clip 2 is an appealing choice with some small but significant improvements over its predecessors.
Splashproof Design: The grill has the same fabric covering found on the Flip 3, which ups its splashproof design to IPX7 waterproof.
Smooth Rubberized Plastic: The housing is also now a smooth rubberized plastic, with five small indents for each of the buttons.
Battery Life: With most speakers of this size, a 5 or 6 hours battery life is considered fairly average, but JBL claims the new Clip 2 will get you a solid 8 hours of constant playback.
To Sum Up
Bluetooth speakers are all the rage right now because they pair with our portable devices and make it easier for us to listen to our favorite music wherever we go.
Above mentioned speakers are my best choices for the best beach Bluetooth speaker. They may be worth considering, depending on your priorities.