There are a lot of speaker cables available out there on the market, ranging from low quality to the best quality, which is designed especially for audiophiles to deliver music of good quality. Speaker wire of high quality can make the difference between high-quality audio and just average.
Although speaker cables do not enhance the quality of sound in any way, they do contribute to not letting the signal distort due to long-distance, or other external factors.
The quality of a great speaker wire depends on how well it resists electrical current. This electric current or impedance rating is measured in Ohms. Speakers have a lower impedance rating than most headphones, so a highly sensitive wire will affect performance.
The two things you need to care about are length and width. A shorter thicker wire will usually have lower impedance, to carry more current easily and effectively. This thickness is measured by a gauge number, a smaller number indicates a thicker wire. Generally, it is considered that thicker gauge wires have better performance.
There are many great options available in the market for the best Speaker Wire. So it is very confusing to choose any one of them that’s why we have listed below the best speaker wires available for you to help you decide what product is best to buy.
Speaker Wires – Our Top Picks
Following mentioned Speaker wire is the Best Speaker. I have given a detailed review of each speaker with its pros and cons to make it easy for you to select the best speaker wires that will suit your needs.
|AmazonBasics 100ft 16 Gauge Audio Wire Cable||Buy On Amazon|
|InstallGear 14 Gauge AWG 100ft Speaker Wire||Buy On Amazon|
|Pyle 50ft 12 Gauge Speaker Wire||Buy On Amazon|
|Mediabridge 12AWG 2-Conductor Speaker Wire||Buy On Amazon|
|Monoprice 102820 100ft 14AWG CL2 Rated 2-Conductor Loud Speaker Cable||Buy On Amazon|
1. AmazonBasics 100ft 16 Gauge Audio Wire Cable
AmazonBasics is a brand created by Amazon itself. As the name implies, they offer the most basic version of products with decent quality, but at a very affordable price. The AmazonBasics 100ft 16 gauge cable is the best value you’ll find for a 100ft cable.
The plastic jacket around this wire provides good insulation, and one side is marked with a white line to easily distinguish polarity for proper setups. The performance is nothing to write home about, but it gets the job done. Distortion is not noticeable with this wire, which is good considering its cheap price.
It doesn’t have the lowest resistance, so if you have speakers with a lower impedance, that could be a problem down the line. For general use, it’s perfectly fine. However, once separated from the plastic jacket the wire can break easily and leave tiny shards. It isn’t 100% copper either.
- Polarity identification: With AmazonBasics 16-Gauge you can rest assured of easy correct connection as it is marked with a white stripe on one side for easy polarity identification. This means that you can connect your speakers to the amplifier or A/V receivers within no time.
- Easy to Use: This speaker wire is conveniently wrapped in an insulated plastic spool that makes the process of dispensing it quite easy. This plastic jacket also helps to deliver undistorted signals from the speakers to the receivers. It is long enough for long-distance signal transmission and its flexibility is exceptional. Additionally, it is quite solid and you can even bend it intentionally without causing any internal damage.
- No signal distortion: The sturdy plastic jacket ensures that the signal is not distorted by interference from other sources. The connectors are covered with copper which ensures good conductivity and very minimal resistance which in the long run, ensures that the quality of the sound is not compromised.
- Long-lasting and high performance: AmazonBasics 16-Gauge is easy to install, easy to clean, and replace and it does not break, pit, or chip easily making it last for decades. With this cable, delivering clean sound should not bother you anymore not forgetting that it adds a professional touch to your entertainment system.
2. InstallGear 14 Gauge AWG 100ft Speaker Wire
InstallGear’s wire is a quality copper-clad aluminum that works exceptionally well for all installed applications. The rugged construction makes it especially suited for car audio panels, as it’ll hold up to long-term use.
The soft-touch jacket is easy to strip and the stranded wire fits easily into various end clips. Dual colors let you easily identify polarity. This soft-to-touch cable is compactly wrapped in a flexible and robust plastic jacket which makes it easy for you to twist or coil it without breaking it internally.
It is perfectly designed for home and even car use. For easy polarity identification, the jacket comes marked with Rugged Blue and Black on both sides.
Further, it is stranded to make it strong and enhances durability.
- Stranded Wire: InstallGear 14 Gauge AWG 100ft is a soft touch cable that is wrapped compactly in the spool for easy storage and installation saving time and energy. In addition, the strands ensure gives the cable more strength and it enhances its durability and it is one of the most reliable product in the market.
- Rugged PVC Jacket: InstallGear 14 Gauge AWG 100ft comes in a rugged black and blue jacket wand it can be used with different devices. The two colors are also used for polarity identification which means that you will only require a little time to plug it. The rugged jacket also makes it easy for you to maneuver it through the car panel making it perfect for both home and car audio systems.
- CCA conductor: It is armed with a CCA conductor (Copper Clad Aluminum), this cable gives an outstanding performance as far as resistance to interference and conductivity is concerned. On top of this, this cable is constructed with sturdiness in mind making sure that occasional coiling and twisting during operation does not result in any damages.
- Great design, great performance: InstallGear 14 Gauge AWG 100ft is engineered in an attractive design that complements its great performance in regards to enhancing the audio output. With these 100 feet and 14 gauge speaker wires, you can easily connect your speakers to an amplifier or receiver and the results are never disappointing.
3. Pyle 50ft 12 Gauge Speaker Wire
Pyle High-Quality Speaker Wire is an easy solution for setting up your home theater. It’s specially designed for high-end audio applications. This 12-gauge speaker wire provides crystal-clear, distortion-free sound with a wide dynamic frequency range. You can cut it to the length that you need for each hookup. The flexible design allows you to pass it around corners and into tricky spots for a simpler installation. A clear exterior lets you see what’s inside for a more interesting look. Use it to set up tweeters, amps, speakers, and all sorts of other audio components.
Pyle 12 gauge speaker wire delivers high-quality sound and leaves you enough money to expand your system, or to buy more music to enjoy. Pyle PSC1250 is sold in a pair and it is quite light but it is a perfect solution for all your home needs.
It can also withstand excessive heating and interference making it one of the best speakers wire in the market today.
- Appropriate thickness and length: With a thickness of 12 gauge, the copper-coated Pyle PSC1250 offers the necessary resistance that enables smooth flow of electric current without running the risk of overheating. This thickness is also compatible with many speakers and it offers easy connection to various amplifiers and receivers. The 50 feet length is long enough as anything more will be inconvenient.
- Highly versatile: Pyle PSC1250 is versatile enough to allow you to cut it as you desire to suit different installation needs. You can the plastic jacket and use it bare or you can opt to use some wire crimps for the connections.
- Uninterrupted signal: The plastic jacket covering ensures that the wire transmits a quality signal that is free from any distortion. It ensures seamless transfer to and from all devices. This covering also acts as a form of insulation.
- Easy polarity identification: For polarity identification purposes, the cable has a red marking on one side to help you distinguish between the right and left polar. This will help you set your audio stereo or your car audio without much hassle.
4. Mediabridge 12AWG 2-Conductor Speaker Wire
This 2-conductor speaker wire from Mediabridge lets you easily connect your speakers to amplifiers or receivers. High-strand count oxygen-free copper conductors are color-coded to distinguish left/right for matching polarity making this speaker wire ideal for custom installs. This wire is ETL Listed & CL2 Rated which means it is certified for in-wall use. Easily use this wire with banana plugs, spade tips, or bent pin applications.
It comes wrapped around a hard spool that allows for convenient dispensing, measuring, cutting & storing. A tough, yet flexible insulated jacket around the wire helps to achieve high-quality undistorted sound from your audio equipment. Sequential markings printed directly on the jacket at 3FT intervals give users an accurate & worry-free setup. It’s great for in-home, automotive, auditorium, school, church, or business settings. Every do-it-yourself speaker project should start with Mediabridge speaker wires.
- Insulated jackets: What makes Mediabridge 12AWG stand out is that it is purely made of oxygen-free copper that not only makes it durable but also makes it safe to use. The insulated jacket makes sure nothing less than quality and undistorted sound is delivered. The ETL certification and CL2 listing guarantee their use in any residential building.
- Custom installations: You can fit Mediabridge 12AWG with a variety of connectors ranging from spade tips, bent pins, or even banana plugs which are all compatible with most audio devices like the speakers and other sound components. This gives room for custom installs.
- Color coding: The conductors are color-coded in a red and black one in order to help distinguish the right and left polar for easy installation. Additionally, the jacket has some markings printed at regular intervals normally 3 feet, for accuracy purposes and a stress-free setup. The wire itself is white in color which makes it easy to hide it on the wall.
- Convenient gauge and length: Mediabridge 12AWG is 100 feet long enabling you to connect devices that are far away. With a gauge rating of 14 AWG, this wire can deliver signals without any resistance or any other problem over a long distance.
5. Monoprice 102820 100ft 14AWG CL2 Rated 2-Conductor Loud Speaker Cable
Coming in its unique oxygen-free copper construction, Monoprice Access Series 14 Gauge is a high-quality speaker wire for your entertainment system.
Monoprice Access Series 14 Gauge allows you to make sound connections and the fact that it is 100 feet long means that you will have enough space to move around in your quest to deliver quality and distortion-free sound from your audio system.
It weighs just 4.6 pounds meaning that you can easily move around with it and 100 feet long is convenient for long-distance connections.
CL2 rating means that it conforms to insurance and fire safety requirements which means that you can use it inside the walls.
- Pure copper conductors: With a purity level of 99.95% oxygen-free copper, Monoprice Access Series is one of the speaker wires with the best conductors which assures maximum conductivity, durability, and safe operation.
- Gauge and length: Monoprice Access Series runs in 100 continuous feet and a gauge rating of 14 AWG which is neatly wrapped on a spool where it can be easily dispensed. With this length you are not limited to spacing as long the space is adequate. Additionally, this wire is quite lightweight when compared to its counterparts making it easy for you to move it easily.
- Sturdy plastic outer jacket: The wire is covered with a white outer jacket which is sturdy enough to prevent any internal damages resulting from any external influence. This jacket is also CL2 listed for use in as far as fire safety and insurance requirements are concerned meaning that it can be used inside the walls of any residential building.
- Color-coded conductor: The individual conductors are jacketed individual enclosures but within the outer jacket, each with a different color which is used as a means of differentiating the polar. Additionally, this also helps in identifying different channels so that you don’t get confused when connecting different wires.
Which One Is Best?
Our research shows there really is no best speaker cable. But the Monoprice Access Series 14 gauge is the speaker wire I’d buy.
I base this on extensive research on available cables and actual listening tests. These speakers offer excellent value, solid construction, and, perhaps most importantly (and surprisingly), better sound quality. Monoprice Access Series 14 Gauge allows you to make sound connections and the fact that it is 100 feet long means that you will have enough space to move around in your quest to deliver quality and distortion-free sound from your audio system.
But keep in mind that this is the least important piece of gear in your entire home theater setup and the impact it makes is negligible.
To Sum Up
The quality of the best speaker wire that you have maybe the ones standing between you and good quality sound. It could be the connectors, the thickness of the wires, or the wires having some resistance which affects the quality of the sound.
Luckily, choosing the correct wires isn’t hard and you only need to familiarize yourself with few concepts like wire gauge, length, and the installation process. A good wire has the perfect length and thickness, does not break easily, and is not affected by resistance or interference.
The speaker wires that I have mentioned above works very well and made up of very good quality and produce amazing sound.